keeping PPP alive

Hi
	Does anyone know how to keep ppp from timing out? Actually, it's
my provider doing this, but I want to keep the net connection alive. I'm
not looking for a reconnect automatically after disconnect option, I
already know how to do that. What I want is to somehow send or get
something every so often so the ISP doesn't think I'm idle. Is there any
way besides running fetchmail in daemon mode to do this?