Problems with speakup.

Hello,list. I have a Red Hat 7 machine with speakup in a 2.2.16-22 kernal.
My problem is after installing the kernal I no longer have any review
features in speakup. Such as when you press the numpad plus key to have the
screen read back to you.
Infact none of the numpad keys work at all. is there something I can do to
fix this problem. Thanks.