cdrom problem solved

In case anyone runs into a cdrom problem like the one I posted of, here's
the solution. The problem was that the kernel was emulating a scsi device
for the cdrom, but the /dev/cdrom symlink pointed to /dev/hdd, which would
be prober for an IDE device. I changed the link to /dev/sr0 and it now
works great.

Chris