Re: [Batch 11 patch 11/25] treewide: Replace GPLv2 boilerplate/reference with SPDX - rule 261

On 5/29/19 2:04 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 10:22 AM Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>   this is an extension to the linux operating system and is covered by
>>   the same gnu general public license that covers the linux kernel
[...]
> I don't think this one is so clear, because, not knowing what was in
> this particular licensor's head, it isn't clear what "the same gnu
> general public license that covers the linux kernel" means even if one
> assumes the Linux kernel is covered specifically by GPLv2 only. I
> might be inclined to say GPL-2.0-only as the safest conclusion, but
> might be worth further thought.

Nod, whatever we decide applies when an unversioned notice mentions the
COPYING file, seems like it should apply here. We may decide that's
GPL-2.0-only, but it's worth reviewing these together as a set, after
we've finished the first pass and identified the weird ones.

Allison