Re: [patch 16/25] treewide: Replace GPLv2 boilerplate/reference with SPDX - rule 16

On 5/20/19 1:42 AM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 8:27 PM Steve Winslow
> <swinslow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> For this one, the additional disclaimer paragraph at the bottom
>> (beginning with "THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY...") appears to come
>> from a BSD-style license, not GPL. I'm not sure this disclaimer should
>> be deleted and replaced by just a standard GPL-2.0-or-later tag.
>
> I am inclined to agree with Steve. It's materially different from the
> disclaimers in GPLv2 itself and could also indicate the remnants of an
> otherwise vanished BSD license notice.

Would you be comfortable replacing the first three paragraphs of license
notice and disclaimer, which are clearly GPLv2 or later, and just
leaving the snowflake final paragraph disclaimer text in the file?

There isn't enough of a BSD license here to make this clearly dual licensed.

Allison