Re: sparse test failures on ppc32le (and other not so common archs)

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Uwe Kleine-König
<uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/10/2017 03:22 AM, Luc Van Oostenryck wrote:
>>
>> I fully test on x86, x86-64, arm & ARM64 (with LLVM 3.9 or 4.0).
>> I also test on ppc64 but not the LLVM part because the machines I have
>> access to have not LLVM installed and I never bothered to install it myself.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have access to a machine with the architectures
>> you care about?
>
> Debian provides access to porter boxes for such problems. See
> https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/.

OK.
I'll first try to install LLVM on what I have already access, it
should be faster.

>> Meanwhile, is it possible to have the build logs but with 'make V=1 ...' ?
>> It would also be useful to have:
>> - the output of 'uname -a'
>> - the details about the version of LLVM you're using
>
> Sure, can do. Attached is a build from the ppc64el machine with Chris'
> patch applied. Tell me if it contains everything you need.

Yes, enough to investigate the problem. Thanks.

>> On the other hand, you/us should disable the sparse-llvm part since:
>> - it's something that is bundled and build by default but absolutely not
>>   needed (or even useful) to use sparse.
>> - it hasn't been written for anything else than x86/x86-64 (no 'layout'
>>   for anything else than those architectures.
>
> With your patch applied I get (independent of having Chris' patch
> applied or not):
>
>         Out of 265 tests, 255 passed, 10 failed (10 of them are known to fail)

Perfect.
With this, you should be unblocked.

@Chris,
can you apply the patch, please?