Re: sparse-llvm test cases

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, the current arrangement is a stop gap. As I develop both on
> Windows and Linux, I need a portable solution so I cannot really use
> shell scripts.

People use bash with mingwin, for example. Would it be something
usable for you?

>> Another question is that, I don't know how many your test get impact
>> by the llvm versions. If it get tight to a specific version of llvm, the
>> test case has less value. People will get false positives due to different
>> llvm version.

If it begin to be the case we'll need to add a new tag telling to ignore
the test if version this or that.

> The tests are all designed to be runnable

I think this is very very important.
Of course, you're interested in LLVM output but not only.

One thing I want to have for testing linearized code is a simulator
for sparse's IR. It's even something quite easy (or at least straightforward)
to do. At least once you can associate to each phi-node's 'argument' the
parent BB they come from. This is something I'm planning to do for several
reasons.

-- Luc