Re: sparse-llvm test cases

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, the current arrangement is a stop gap. As I develop both on
> Windows and Linux, I need a portable solution so I cannot really use
> shell scripts.

Can you use python scripts? Just asking.

> The tests are all designed to be runnable - i.e. you can generate the
> code and run it either with lli or by generating an executable - so
> they are completely independent of LLVM version. But they do need all

That is good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

> the LLVM fixes that are still pending as without those fixes most
> tests won't even compile. Nevertheless we can start incorporating
> these tests gradually so that when the LLVM fixes are all in then we
> will have a good set of tests.
>
> I would prefer to add validation of the Sparse IR as well - at present
> I record these but do not try to validate mainly as I think Sparse IR
> output is still changing so we need to get to a stable point first.

I think we should design the test frame work to take into account
for the IR changes. e.g. Ignore the IR that does not recognize.

That being said, I do wish the IR has less changes.

I am not sure how many IR changes in Luc's pending patches.
The OP_PUSH one I assume we can avoid, as I comment on
the original discussion thread.

Chris