From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: Upcoming sparse release RC5
To: Christopher Li <sparse@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Chris,

On 5 August 2017 at 16:46, Christopher Li <sparse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     We can discuss what we want to see in sparse in the future.

I think that the automated test suite needs to be enhanced to a)
validate IR, and b) validate LLVM output. At the moment most tests do
not appear to actually verify that the generated IR / simplifications
are correct. This makes it risky and error prone to make changes. The
LLVM verification can be an additional validation step to ensure that
the generated code actually runs correctly.

Regards
Dibyendu