Re: Designated initializers for fields in anonymous structs and unions

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:50:30AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > but not in the "official" sparse tree, which hasn't seen any work
> > since January afaik.
>
> Ugh, I looked at the old "sparse/sparse.git" tree (and badly at that,
> it stopped updating in April, not January). It's
> "sparse/chrisl/sparse.git" these days. No wonder I didn't see any
> recent work.
>
> The sparse.wiki.kernel.org main page is the first google hit for
> "sparse git tree" and mentions that old git repo, not Chris' new one.
>
> That leaves just my last patch ("Fix scoping of extern") as being not
> in the sparse tree, and that's irrelevant for the union initializer
> thing.
>
> Chris, any particular reason why the url changed?

I think Chris has been trying to use chrisl as a staging tree to let
things cook a while, and then moving them over to the sparse tree.
However, I think it'd make more sense to do that as a branch rather than
a separate repo.

- Josh Triplett