Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] sparse, llvm: Make function declaration accessible to backend

On 02/01/2012 07:09 PM, Christopher Li wrote:
Ok, this patch definitely works. However, I think there is ways to get the
type without this patch. The more general question is, how to get type of
any given pseudo register.

That is useful, yes.  But it does not address this specific problem.

We need the function declaration remembered, rather than what we have now -- a list of arguments with full type information, specific to its callsite.

You cannot deduce that a function call is/not varargs presently, even with a working pseudo->type setup.

varargs is just one of those annoying areas where the compiler needs to have rather specific knowledge, in order to properly construct a call

	Jeff