Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] sparse, llvm: Make function declaration accessible to backend

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 16:09 -0800, Christopher Li wrote:

> Ok, this patch definitely works. However, I think there is ways to get the
> type without this patch. The more general question is, how to get type of
> any given pseudo register. Currently it is a bit twisted but that information
> should be accessible. I believe that has been discuss on the mail list
> before. That is why we have insn->type. LLVM want to know every type
> of every value in the back end any way. If we are going to do proper
> llvm style "get element pointer" in the back end, we need to access type
> of every pesudo register.

We also should probably store the LLVM Ref of the type once "converted"
into the original struct symbol so that we don't have to re-create it or
all the time (thinking especially of typedef'ed function pointers) or
search for it by name (functions).

Cheers,
Ben.