Re: sparse, gcc 4.6 and a few build changes

Hi Chris,

Il giorno mer, 13/04/2011 alle 01.53 -0700, Christopher Li ha scritto:
> The series looks good except the CFLAGS over ride change.
>
> The CFLAGS obvious have two parts. Some of it can be savely
> overwrite. Some of shouldn't be overwrite otherwise sparse can't
> compile correctly.

Yes I know â that's why I used the "?=" setter: if CFLAGS is set in the
environment, it'll be used instead of the "CFLAGS ?=" line; all the +=
lines will be maintained instead. This does obviously not work if you
use "make CFLAGS=$something".

> I think it'd better seperate out the overwrite part of CFLAGS with
> the rest of CFLAGS, just like the git makefile.

I don't know much the git Makefiles, but I'll look into it; in the mean
time the other three patches should work fine by themselves.

> Some thing like the patch I attached. You might need to make some
> changes to merge with your branch.

Attachment is missing ;)

> Can you rebase your series on the sparse chrisl branch?
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=devel/sparse/chrisl/sparse.git;a=summary

It looks like no changes are needed for that at least, I'll send the
remaining three patches for now then.

--
Diego Elio Pettenà â Flameeyes
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/