Re: Detect unused header files?

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Sam Ravnborg<sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agreed on this one.
>
> So we should add some intelligence when we 'fix' these warnings.
> This is sometimes causing us troubles.
>
> I need to see the results before I can judge if this will
> be a big issue.

I don't know. It is not trivial change and lookup_symbol is at the hot path.
Most of the header file does not include unused headers. So I guess amount
the warnings, over 50% will be false positives. We will see.

> The first challenge will anyway to make all the header files self contained.

It is much easier than find out what is not needed.

Can you make a list of all the header files. Then using gcc -c to compile it?
Not self contained header file will failed on compile. Assume you give the right
kernel flags and header file include path.

Chris