Re: Meet the new maintainer

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Josh Triplett<josh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I originally started maintaining Sparse as a result of trying to merge various
> patches related to my PhD research.  Now I don't have frequent Sparse patches
> of my own anymore, and due to my PhD studies and other projects, I've become
> significantly less responsive, while Sparse itself has enjoyed increased
> development interest.  Thus, it seems only fair that I should hand off
> maintainership to someone else who has a pile of patches they want to merge.
>
> Christopher Li has done an excellent job hacking on Sparse, and has
> already demonstrated the ability to maintain a Sparse tree and merge
> other people's patches.  I believe Chris would make an excellent
> maintainer for Sparse.
>
> I still plan to listen in on the Sparse community, and perhaps submit
> some future patches, but effective immediately^Wa while ago, Chris will
> start running the show and accepting your patches and contributions.

I want to thank Josh for his wonderful contribution for the sparse project.
I still have a lot of to learn to maintain a project like sparse. I
will try my best.

Let me share you with my view of the project. In my mind, sparse has
two roles:

1) A general purpose C compiler front end.
2) A sanitize checker for the Linux kernel source.

I like to see the project continue to evolve in this two directions. At the same
time I want to maintain the current style of lean and fast.

Now I like to heard your view of the project as well. Where you want to
the project go. After all, this is a community project.

Thanks for all your support.

Chris