spyparse - sparse reimplemented in Python

Hi,

Yesterday I had the (crazy?) idea or reimplementing sparse in Python.
Some personal reasons for doing so:

1) Learn/experiment how to implement some "advanced" data structures in Python
2) Learn more about sparse internals along the way
3) some others I might not remember

Attached is a tarball containing the very very initial code. It
doesn't do anything useful, but should run without errors. A lot of
functions are not implemented yet (I started by sparse_initialize()
and going down until the lower level functions).

Some notes:

- I decided to take a more pragmatic approach and start implementing
only those functions necessary for writing a test-*.c like backend
- For now I'm just doing a plain manual translation of the sparse C
code to Python, thus forcing me to read the entire sparse code (which
IMHO is a good thing for achieving reason (2))
- Along the way I'm rewriting some code to become more OO-friendly
(with classes, methods etc.), therefore while the code is not finished
you will see a lot of mixed procedural and OO code
- I'm newbie in Python coding, so be prepared to see some examples of
bad coding style :)

I cannot guarantee spyparse will have all features from spase (even
because I do it in my free time, which is shared with other projects),
but right now I'm having a lot of fun working on it!

Comments/suggestions are welcome. Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo