Re: License Questions

> > Maybe that password thing is a solution for making git repositories
> > OSL compliant?
>
> Oh dear, I just found out that Debian considers OSL 1.1 non-free, though
> not for this clause (which does seem particularly onerous), but for
> clause 10.

Yup, out of all GPL incompatible licenses choosing OSL 1.1 probably was the worst one Linus could choose. Maybe this stupid licensing choice explains why this pretty code which sparse is doesn't get the attention it deserves... :-(

> That could be a problem for us GLib guys, as that would force gnome into
> contrib!

Library use and such should be pretty ok for us - according to Linus' annotations in the LICENSE file...

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann