Re: VMA's not getting merged

On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 10:21:15AM +0300, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> Dave: so my question is this: can VM_SPECIAL check be
> relaxed somehow, or should it be just documented that
> enclave VMAs do not get merged?

The special check feels a bit odd for me, given that

1. It's hard to imagine anything that would not be "special", and
   still would implement vma_close(). I presume that something
   like this exists. Just cannot make up anything.

2. On the other hand, is_mergeable_vma() pretty much sets the
   constraints to merge to VMA's into one. Most importantly
   it checks that vm_close() is not implemented and VMA's
   map the same file.

BR, Jarkko