Re: serial: 8250_omap: suspend issue with console_suspend disabled

Hi,

* Thomas Richard <thomas.richard@xxxxxxxxxxx> [231009 15:13]:
> > The runtime PM usage count should keep the related power domain on though,
> > sounds like this issue somewhere else if the power domains get force
> > suspended with runtime PM usage count?
>
> If I understand correctly, there are 2 solutions to keep the power
> domain on through.
> The first one is to set the flag GENPD_FLAG_ALWAYS_ON for the power domain.
> The second one is to set the wakup_path of the device (using
> device_set_wakeup_path) and set the flag GENPD_FLAG_ACTIVE_WAKEUP to the
> power domain.
>
> I didn't found any flag or option to say that the device is not
> suspended, but it is not an error, so we don't want to poweroff the
> power domain.

If no_console_suspend is set then GENPD_FLAG_ALWAYS_ON makes sense to
me as we want to see the debug messages. This will also alter the SoCs
suspend state though, so no_console_suspend is of limited use. Can you
please send an updated patch against tty-next branch for this?

It would be good to understand why the related power domain gets suspended
with active runtime PM usage count though. To me it seems this might be
an issue somewhere in the SoC related power domain code that just tries
to force suspend everything.

Regards,

Tony