response time of serdev_device

Hi all,

I'm using your serdev_device kernel module because it fit my needs pretty well.
In my application the response delay to an received frame is time critical, because of that I made following observations:

When I'm writing an UART "echo-device" with:
static int device_receive_buf(struct serdev_device *serdev, const unsigned char *pbuf, size_t length)
{
    return serdev_device_write_buf(serdev, pbuf, length);
}

I can measure the response delay between the TX/RX UART line.
On my device (IMX8,with preempt-rt) the delay is dependent from the baudrate:
19200b -> 4.6ms
115200 -> 1ms
256000 -> 0.7ms

The result is very surprising to me, at least the baudrate-response dependency.
I know that there are HW-Flow control stuff for Half-Duplex communication like in many RS485 applications.
Is it possible that there are some old configs left? In the function: static int ttyport_open(struct serdev_controller *ctrl) the ktermios flags are set properly.

For my driver a response time of 1ms@19200 would be really good.
Can someone help me to archive that?

Best Benjamin