Re: TIOCSERCONFIG ioctl does not respect UPF_FIXED_TYPE flag

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 08:21:23AM +0000, LakshmiPraveen.Kopparthi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

Please don't send email in html format, the mailing lists reject it :(

>     We are working on a patch to add the serial support for our device. In that process, it appears TIOCSERCONFIG ioctl does not respect the UPF_FIXED_TYPE flag.  uart_do_autoconfig gets called which passes UART_CONFIG_TYPE flag to config_port call.
>
> The same problem seems be to reported some time back to the maintainers which can be found in the link  - https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg29169.html. But the patch didn't make it through to the mainline kernel. Could you please let us know the resolution of that thread? Is it rejected/accepted?

That patch was from 2018, I can't remember what I reviewed last week :)

If it's not in the kernel tree today, then no, it was not accepted.  If
you need something like this, please test that patch and resend it with
your signed-off-by and we will be glad to review it.

thanks,

greg k-h