Re: Edgeport/4 Compatibility Re: your mail

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 06:54:17AM -0400, Andy KN4UCL wrote:
> Hello Johan - resending without disclaimer :-)

Thanks. Also try sending without HTML so that your messages reach the
mailing lists (e.g. gmail's plaintext option).

> I emailed Greg and via automated email indicated I should post my
> question here.

I've added linux-usb on CC as well.

> I am trying to get some legacy EdgePort/4 and 8 devices to work on
> Linux using Raspberry Pi OS.
>
> I notice in the kernel.org notes, compatibility with Edgeport seems to
> be a good possibility.
>
> Can you advise?  I get "cannot send clear loopback command" messages
> in dmesg and these seem to be directly from the driver code I found
> while googling. I assume these errors prevent the serial connection
> from starting up.  Devices seem to behave fine under Windows 10 (if
> that's any kind of validation.)

First, what are the VID and PIDs for these devices?

Perhaps you can include the full output of "lsusb -v" for both types as
well for completeness.

> I do not have any problems with several Keyspan USA-49W devices which
> are also referenced in the Compatibility section in the notes, so I
> think my Linux machine is good.
>
> Apologies - I am not a Linux expert, just an end user.
>
> Any guidance or tips would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance

Johan