Default ECHO on TTYs causes unwanted garbage chars

Hi List

I was advised to come here with this problem(started on the USB list).

We have a USB to RS232 bridge which presents itself as an ttyACM and the first connect after power on,
we see some garbage chars transmitted back from USB host(PC) to out device which becomes input to
the device.

After much debugging I found that this are chars sent early in the boot process which then
are buffered and the TTYs default to ECHO chars is the cause.

When the TTY is opened, any chars in the this buffer is ECHOed back over USB to the device,
before one has a chance to disable ECHO. The device then thinks these chars are regular input.

Seems to me that this behaviour is unwanted in general and and app. should get a chance to flush/discard
any chars so this does not happen.

What do you think?