pty for real device ?

Hello,

I would like to ask if it make sense to create pty for a serial real device.

The full story:
I have FPGA behind PCIe with several devices: serial, i2c and others.
I thought of implementing in userspace the device driver using
uio_pci_generic (it's basically memory access and interrupts for
serial).
Now if we need the serial to be like a regular serial in Linux, then I
can use the pty with the serial userspace implementation, and then the
we get pty device node which can be treated just as a regular tty,
Right ?

Does it make sense to use pty this way with a real device ?

Thank you,
ranran