Re: SERIAL_IMX shutdown in RS485 mode

Hello Fabio,

I was trying to use 4.12.4 and 4.14.39.

The failure is that when Linux disables the UART peripheral, control over CTS_B is lost and it defaults to high voltage state. That makes sense for eg. RS232, but not for using this signal as positive logic "driver enable", which should default to low voltage state.

I had a look at how it is done in the latest kernels, I think it's the same thing in principle.

I am going to fix this, just I would like to find out which of the suggested solutions is better suited for Linux. Personally, I opt for solution 1 - keep UART enabled all the time - but maybe there is a good reason not to do that.

Best regards,
Adam