Problems with the sc16is7xx driver

Dear all,

I'm facing lots of issue with this driver, it seems totally unreliable
in my tests.
I'm using 4 sc16is762 (dual uart) connected to SPI bus on a raspberrypi 3,
for a total of 8 serial ports.

My hardware configuration is set up as follow:
RPI SPI-0: 2 chips using 2 different CS and 2 different IRQ
RPI SPI-1: 2 chips using 2 different CS and 2 different IRQ

I can use one serial port at a time without problems, thus I'm quite
sure the hardware is wired and configured correctly. But when I try to
run more that one serial port at "the same time" (fe 2 different
process that use 2 different serial port) the driver start to behave
like crazy: sometimes it hangs the kernel, sometimes it loose bytes,
sometimes one of the uart stop receiving bytes until a port
close/open.

I have tried various changes in the driver that is making the
situation a bit better but still I have not reached a situation where
2 ports can run without hanging in some way.

Before starting to explain in details my problems I would like to
understand if someone else is using this driver in a similar
configuration, or if there are some know issue that I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance and best regards