Re: USB serial support / Prolific PL2303 Driver

On 2013-04-08 6:29, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 06:20:23PM +0200, Hans Beckérus wrote:
Sure, dmesg will show me the details, but I would really like to have
it in real-time ;) Actually when I set console=ttyUSB0,115200 all I
get is the prompt :( Nothing comes out from the boot, and it does not
seem to act as a real console either since any thing that usually pops
up there are only showing in dmesg now.  Do I need to configure the
kernel in some specific way to support USB console mode?
You do have:
	CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_CONSOLE
enabled, right?
Hmm. Coming to think about it, no ;)
Will try it first thing tomorrow! Thanks.
USB starts as one of the last things in the kernel boot process, so the
best you can ever get is a summary of what happened during the boot, not
the kernel boot messages as they happen because they happen before the
USB device is initialized.
Sure. That is an acceptable limitation. However, I wonder if this will be different once we get U-Boot USB console support on this platform? Question though is if Linux ever will be able to benefit from a first stage driver already being kicked-off by U-Boot.

Hans