Re: Comments requested: driver for Quatech PCI serial cards

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:57:19PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > our upcoming system.  I'm guessing that the difficulties with the driver as
> > it's currently structured may have been the reason it was never pushed to
> > mainline by the original author in 2007.
>
> There are not many difficulties I can see. You just add the identifiers
> to the 8250_pci tables and a couple of small bits of code and everything
> but the RS422/485 stuff just works.
>
> If you need the RS422 stuff then yes its a bit more work.

Unfortunately we need the RS422 stuff - that's the reason for using the
DSC-200/300 card.

Thanks for the comments and feedback - I'll take another look at things in
the light of the information.  If the functionality we require requires a
significant amount of new code to be written, I suspect that the work will
be deemed too time consuming by those who call the shots.  We'll see.

Regards
  jonathan