Re: New serial card development

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Matt Schulte
<matts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Matt Schulte
> <matts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, the next question that I have is how to handle the interrupts
on this UART.  It has a more complex interrupt scheme than a
traditional 8250 UART.  There is a global ISR register that tells you
which port had the interrupt and then there is another set of
registers that hold the actual interrupts.

In this situation where this UART needs extra code for the handling of
its interrupt, where is the best place to add this special interrupt
handler?  Directly to the 8250.c default handler or somewhere else?

Thank you,
Matt Schulte