Re: ST16C654 stoppes transmitting after a while

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:45:30 +0200 "Tobias Arp" <tobiasarp@xxxxxx> wrote:
The problem occurs very quick by setting the baud rate to 230400 on a single null modem connection (without usunign the orher ports of the quad uart). So i would say you are right with your guess...
magic: 0x5401
name: ttyS0
flags: 0x00000A00
count: 1
stopped: 0
hw_stopped: 1
flow_stopped: 0
packet: 0
low_latency: 0
warned: 0
ctrl_status: 0x00
receive_room: 4095
Ok that's not quite what I had expected to see

So the port is in use, not stopped at the higher levels and has lots of
receiver room as expected.

The hw_stopped flag is the hardware state - so somehow we've missed a
transition on the flow control or the UART hasn't bothered reporting it
or the IRQ got lost.

When it jams transmitting does it unjam if you send a single character
the other way ?

Alan

No it doesn't unjam be sending a single character from the remote side. It only unjams after plug out and plugin the null modem cable (so an IRQ is generated caused by the DCD change or CTS change while replugin the cable).