Re: ST16C654 stoppes transmitting after a while

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:05:21 +0200
"Tobias Arp" <tobiasarp@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I run kernel 3.2. Upgrading to a newer kernel would be not se easy at the moment.

3.2 is certainly new enough that it should have all the major fixes in.

> I am not sure how to check if this change is really lost.

With a debugger dump the state of the port structures one the hung port
once it has hung. Something like Red Hat's systemtap might also be very
helpful in doing this kind of monitoring.

My first guess would be that you hit a race between the port stopping on
one processor and the flow control event on another. We have one known
case there still being debugged but I thought it could only be hit if you
were using ttys in low latency mode.

Alan