Re: Enabling auto RS485 half-duplex control

Hi Ted,

you missunderstood me. This special UART does all the required stuff
in hardware. You only have to enable this mode once by writing some
magic to a UART register. From that time on the UART will automatically
assert the RTS# line when transmitting.

I am not talking about a software implementation. Your arguments
deal with a software implementation where you have to do it all by hand,
which will not work safely as you mentioned.

Matthias