Re: Change to serial_core.c .... causing my serial driver problem Help Request

Hi,

I do the same

port->dev   = &dev->dev;

But I am not sure &dev->dev points to the parent. I think it points to the device it's self, but I may be wrong. I have tried port->dev = &dev->dev as well as port->dev = dev->dev.parent. One of these found something when the port was TTYS0 but did not work when the port was TTYS2.

Did you test with a non zero port->line. I working on ttyS2.

Just trying to narrow down what could be wrong. It just that
tty_dev = device_find_child(port->dev, &match, serial_match_port);

is returning NULL for me.

Thank You for your help.
Vipul

PS. One quick suggestion you may want to check the return value and verify it is non-NULL before using it. Makes it easier to debug the code. ...