Re: Change to serial_core.c .... causing my serial driver problem Help Request

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, vcgandhi1@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I think the issue is when the serial port is embedded and not connected
> through the bus. So I am talking about the drivers in the
> kernel/drivers/serial directory. A few of them use suspend and resume and I
> think they may not be compatible with your change.

Which specific driver do you see the problem with? I cannot check all
drivers. I took as an example mpc52xx_uart.c. And I see there

	port->dev	= &dev->dev;

in its ->probe, so, it shouldn't have a problem either.

> Do you know if you anybody tested any serial ports that are located in that
> directory and use  the suspend and resume calls. Ports not connected through
> the pci  bus.

No, I don't know.

Thanks
Guennadi