Re: sctp_recvmsg returns duplicate messages.

There is a post with the same problem and there is no solution yet.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78158391/duplicated-packets-received-in-unix-network-programming-about-sctp
Maybe is it a new bug?

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 at 08:02, Igor Spiridonov <igor.sp.ser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a sctp client and an echo server that use one to many mode.
> The client sends some amount of messages with different stream ids.
> After that it reads them back from the server with sctp_recvmsg.
> The server reads one message at a time and sends it back with the same
> stream id.
> When I test this on a local host then everything works perfectly - all
> messages are sent, read and the assoc id is the same every time.
>
> If I have the client and the server on different hosts then there are
> the following problems.
> sctp_recvmsg sometimes returns the same message twice - these messages
> have the same assoc id, stream i, ssn. Looks like it can happen only
> with the first received message. MSG_EOR is true every time.
> Tcpdump doesn't show any duplicates.
> The second problem is that assoc id changes very often if i send
> messages with just a couple seconds delay. I think the same hosts
> should have the same assoc id more or less.
> Both hosts have linux kernel 6.5.0-35.
>
> Igor.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Networking Development]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     SCTP