Re: [RFC] SCTP tests in LTP vs. on github.com/sctp

Hi Marcelo,

> Hi Petr,

> On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 12:13:25PM +0100, Petr Vorel wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > SCTP tests lksctp-tools [1] are also in LTP [2].
> > IMHO it's not worth to have it on both places.

> Agree. I wasn't aware of the copy in LTP, btw.

> A question I have now is, is getting more exposure because it is in
> LTP? As in, does it get executed periodically by bots somewhere?

Maybe yes, hard to tell. Not sure even how many people even run SCTP tests
included by LTP. We could ask at automated-testing [8] (embedded people + hopefully
folks from KernelCI [9]) or send the update there. We'd also put a link in
to remaining location in git commit message if agree to remove it from LTP.

> > lksctp-tools looks like to be the official ones [3] so maybe drop it from LTP?

> > Version in LTP was updated to 1.0.15 some time ago (upstream has 1.0.19, containing various fixes [4],
> > maybe worth to be backported to lksctp-tools? Frankly speaking even being older
> > version the LTP code looks to me better. One test was even rewritten to LTP new
> > C API [5] in order to apply more improvements [6].

> > BTW I'd really recommend lksctp-tools project to take new LTP C API [7] and
> > rewrite tests into it. But are these tests still relevant? (is it worth of
> > work?)

> These are nice tips, thanks. We certainly can have a take on them.
Yw.

Kind regards,
Petr

> Best regards,
> Marcelo

> > Kind regards,
> > Petr

> > [1] https://github.com/sctp/lksctp-tools
> > [2] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/tree/master/utils/sctp
> > [3] https://github.com/sctp
> > [4] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commits/master/utils/sctp
> > [5] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/fcd43b3dd7a8e8fab2b03ec9fa659f21ff5cecb2
> > [6] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/fcd43b3dd7a8e8fab2b03ec9fa659f21ff5cecb2
> > [7] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/C-Test-API
[8] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/automated-testing/
[9] https://foundation.kernelci.org/

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Networking Development]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     SCTP