Re: [RFC] SCTP tests in LTP vs. on github.com/sctp

Hi Petr,

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 12:13:25PM +0100, Petr Vorel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> SCTP tests lksctp-tools [1] are also in LTP [2].
> IMHO it's not worth to have it on both places.

Agree. I wasn't aware of the copy in LTP, btw.

A question I have now is, is getting more exposure because it is in
LTP? As in, does it get executed periodically by bots somewhere?

> lksctp-tools looks like to be the official ones [3] so maybe drop it from LTP?
>
> Version in LTP was updated to 1.0.15 some time ago (upstream has 1.0.19, containing various fixes [4],
> maybe worth to be backported to lksctp-tools? Frankly speaking even being older
> version the LTP code looks to me better. One test was even rewritten to LTP new
> C API [5] in order to apply more improvements [6].
>
> BTW I'd really recommend lksctp-tools project to take new LTP C API [7] and
> rewrite tests into it. But are these tests still relevant? (is it worth of
> work?)

These are nice tips, thanks. We certainly can have a take on them.

Best regards,
Marcelo

> Kind regards,
> Petr
>
> [1] https://github.com/sctp/lksctp-tools
> [2] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/tree/master/utils/sctp
> [3] https://github.com/sctp
> [4] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commits/master/utils/sctp
> [5] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/fcd43b3dd7a8e8fab2b03ec9fa659f21ff5cecb2
> [6] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/commit/fcd43b3dd7a8e8fab2b03ec9fa659f21ff5cecb2
> [7] https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/C-Test-API

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Networking Development]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     SCTP