Re: SCTP abort with T-bit set after handshake

There are two patterns of SCTP connections that we use; I believe we have seen the SCTP connection failures on both types of connection.

1) Every task is assigned a unique SCTP port. All tasks then communicate with each other using the standard localhost address 127.0.0.1. Where TASKa and TASKb both connect to TASKc we would end in the situation where the src IP, dst IP and dst port are the same for two connections, the connections only differ by the src port.

2) Where we are using protocols with well known port numbers (e.g Diameter and S1AP), and have multiple tasks that want to use that port, then we separate the connections by using multiple loopback interfaces. For example with S1AP, we may have one connection with src IP=127.0.0.4, src port=36412, dst IP=127.0.0.1, dst port=36412, and a second connection with src IP=127.0.0.3, src port=36412, dst IP=127.0.0.1, dst port=36412. In this case the connections only differ by the src IP.

Can both these scenarios be explained by this issue with rhlists?

Thanks,
Dave.