Re: SCTP abort with T-bit set after handshake

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 03:54:49PM +0000, David Neil wrote:
> Marcelo,
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> The output of uname -a is:
> Linux li1074-63 4.15.7-x86_64-linode102 #1 SMP Wed Feb 28 16:39:31 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Nice, a very updated one.

> This is a Linode pre-built Debian 9 kernel with CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG not set.

If it's off than that code isn't there, meaning we can't attach a perf
probe or so. The function is also inlined, so we can't attach to its
return point.

A few lines below it will check if an asoc couldn't be found and will
increment SCTP_MIB_OUTOFBLUES. There are more places that inc it, but
it's a start.

It should show up in netstat -s or /proc/net/sctp/snmp.

> I assume it will be a non-trivial job to build my own kernel to run on Linode - I will look into this.

The pr_debug's in there are nice because they will give you the
ips and ports involved AND as it can't be hit from other places
(unlike the counter above), it would make sure the issue is related to
that.

Btw, is this test public? Can I run it too?  Or if you can create a
small reproducer, that would be great.