Re: sctp with multi-homing : PEER_ADDR_CHANGE event for each address ?

On 01 Dec 2014, at 16:49, Boiteux Frederic <fboiteux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Hello,
>
>  I'm trying to do SCTP messages between two hosts which have each a network interface on two different subnets :
>     --- net 192.168.1.0/24--
>    /                                             \
> Host1                                 Host2
>      --- net 10.0.0.0/24 ----
>
> And I try to use multi-homing and follow availability of each network access.
>
> When Host 1 and Host2 send messages using one network (for example 192.168.1.0/24), on both hosts I receive notification of kind PEER_ADDR_CHANGE (with spc_state value SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED) only for the other host's address *on the other network* (in this case : 10.0.0.0/24), but not for the network address on which the SCTP message has been sent or received : is it the correct behaviour ? Is the SCTP_COMM_UP state event replace the SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED for the address actually used for message sending/receiving ?
You get only a PEER_ADDR_CHANGE notification, if the status of a peer address changes.
For example from unconfirmed to confirmed. If you call connect(addr), the addr is already
confirmed. So you don't get a PEER_ADDR_CHANGE notification.

Best regards
Michael