Re: HB.Max.Burst

On 03/20/2014 09:31 AM, Karl Heiss wrote:
> I have a question about the HB.Max.Burst parameter for the LKSCTP
> stack.  I notice that there is no explicit parameter for this value
> and the alternative from RFC 5062 (only one HB per RTT) does not
> appear to be implemented either (see excerpt below).  The only
> limiting factor appears to be max.burst.  Am I missing something
> obvious or should there be some other form of limiting heartbeats to
> mitigate some of the issues outlined in RFC 5062?

Not sure what you mean by "there is no explicit parameter".

There is a system tunable /proc/sys/net/sctp/max_burst that can be
changed.

The value may also be controlled by application through the
SCTP_MAX_BURST socket option.

Additionally, lksctp will only send one HB per RTT.

What do you thinks is missing?

Thanks
-vlad