Re: sctp client not binding to all available addresses

On 03/06/2013 02:38 PM, Jonathan T. Leighton wrote:
On 03/06/13 12:42, Vlad Yasevich wrote:
On 03/06/2013 12:14 PM, Jon Leighton wrote:
I'm almost certain that calling connect() on an unbound socket used to
result in an INIT being sent with all available IP addresses advertised,
but that's not happening with the code I'm running right now. Has there
been a change in the default behaviour, or do I misremember it? Thanks.

It will list all available addresses that are of a scope that is larger
or the same as the destination.  You can control selection with the
scope_policy sysctl.  Check to see what it is set to on your system.

Thanks. Does addr_scope_policy=1 implement the policy described in
draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctp-ipv4-00, or is there a more recent reference?
And does addr_scope_policy=0 imply all available addresses are
advertised (previous behavior)?

The sysctl description is the documentation.  You can find it here:
ttps://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt

Around line 1590.

-vlad

- Jon

Otherwise, no changes have been made recently to this code.  For
any more help, we'll need more information.

-vlad.
- Jon