Re: How to unload lksctp kernel module?

(cc: linux-sctp, which is the right list to address this question)

On 02/25/2013 03:39 PM, Jon Leighton wrote:
I'm trying to unload the lksctp kernel module (sudo modprobe -r sctp),
but the operation fails with "FATAL: Module sctp is in use.". lsmod
shows a reference count of 2 for sctp. If I restart the machine, and
load the lksctp module by running a simple SCTP based program, the
module loads, but the reference count is 2 again, and the module can't
be unloaded. I've also tried to force the unload with sudo rmmod -f
sctp, but that fails with "ERROR: Removing 'sctp': Resource temporarily
unavailable". Is there a way to unload the module? I'm running Ubuntu
10.04 LTS with linux kernel 2.6.32-45-generic-pae. Thanks for any help.

- Jon