Re: esp_scsi QTAG in FAS216

Hello Kars,

>> > I've never seen a formula for any ESP or FAS chip for the timeout
>> > other than the one mentioned in huge comment in
>> > esp_set_clock_params(), although I do see the 7668 instead of 8192
>> > factor being used in the old NCR53C9x driver.
>>
>> I haven't gone far enough back in the 53C9x revision history to be
>> certain. but it would seem to me that Kars de Jong added that FAS
>> special case.
>>
>> Can you confirm that, Kars? Any recollection as to the reason?
>
> That is the value that's in the data manual of the Symbios Logic
> SYM53CF94/96-2 (the actual chip that's in my Amiga SCSI controller).
>
> Funny, according to the QLogic FAS2x6 manual the value should be 7682
> for FAS216/216U/236/236U chips...
>
> I don't think it's all that important. It only means that the actual
> selection timeout used by the chip will be slightly shorter than it is
> supposed to be.

Thanks for checking that - I agree that it might not amount to much.

The more important issue is the one about the one-byte reconnect
message. Does the manual speak to that particular issue? Any hint on
how we could enable SCSI-2 features on chip init?

Can you point me to a source for the manuals if possible?

Cheers,

  Michael