Re: caviar black + mpt2sas horrific performance

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 05:05:53PM -0600, Moore, Eric wrote:
> Doug, the SATL is implemented in controller FW, not the mpt2sas
> driver.   What I should of probably said is my theory that firmware
> might be blocking the IO queues when its in recovery mode due to the
> ATA Passthru SMART commands that are failing..   In other words,maybe
> firmware is  turning off NCQ when ata passthru is sent, and that is
> effecting the normal IO path, and the IO benchmark test the customer
> is running which is taking 20 minutes (which it should be 20
> seconds)..  I will have to ask the SATA experts when I'm back in the
> office later in the week.     The delay would not be in the driver
> because its merely passing the command thru.

Hi,

I tried flashing the IT firmware on top of the IR firmware as suggestion
on this LSI page:

http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16266.aspx

I followed exactly the instructions but when trying to flash the fw I
get this error:

	"Failed to validate MfgPage2 !"

See the attached screen capture.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks