From: Andrew Morton [mailto:akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:29 PM
To: Desai, Kashyap
Cc: James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; eparis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Moore, Eric; tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [patch for 2.6.29? 2/2] scsi: mpt: suppress debugobjects warning

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:08:45 +0530 "Desai, Kashyap" <Kashyap.Desai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is a clean patch. There is not harm to ack it, but since I have already submitted code changes to upstream which have replaced "kernel timer" by "completion queue.", I will suggest to wait for next driver version.
>
> Init_timer() function will not be called from MPT fusion driver in next version

No, that doesn't work.  This means that people who use 2.6.29 and
2.6.30 will potentially see these warnings.  This potentially includes
the customers of any distributors who enable debugobjects.

It creates additional work for users, for support staff and generates
concern about the stability of the kernel.