Re: mptfusion: how to Find a WWN of a logged in Fibre Channel initiator?

Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:50:32PM +0000, Benjamin ESTRABAUD wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone would know the answer to the following question:

From the LSI mpt fusion driver, is there a way to extract the WWN of a logged in Fibre Channel initiator or a known SAS initiator? I can get its Initiator Index from the reply word... is there a way to use this to return the WWN from an internal table of logged on/known initiators?

find /sys -name sas_address
or
find /sys -name port_name

Doesn't help?

Dear Konrad,

Thank you very much for your reply,

This command would help finding out the SAS addresses of any devices connected to the initiator, which would then work perfectly.

Unfortunately, I am working on a target configuration and trying to get the SAS address from a connected host.

The configuration would look like that:

Host(Initiator) <FC Link> - <FC Link> Target - <SAS> - <SAS> Disks.

I am trying to find the WWN from the actual initiator host's FC card instead, from the Target.

Would you have more infos on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben - MPSTOR.
I've been trying for a good while now to do this but no luck whatsoever, I would really appreciate if someone who had an idea on how to do this could reply. Thanks a million in advance!

Ben - MPSTOR.