RE: kernel panics and errors on lsi 1064e

ok now i have this:

cat /proc/mpt/version
mptlinux-3.13.04.00
  Fusion MPT base driver
  Fusion MPT SAS host driver
  Fusion MPT SPI host driver
  Fusion MPT ioctl driver

but still no debug_level

However I did some tricks to get the driver load so I am not sure I did not mess up.

a) the included binaries are up to 2.6.9-78 kernel so I used the sources tarball prvided.
b) Executed "compile"
c) Executed "update"
d) c) had problems finding mptscsi.ko which was removed by the process.
e) copied the missing files from another node
f) ran mkinitrd manually
g) rebooted, some complains on dmesg about beeing unable to load mptscsi, other than that server booted fine.

Preliminary test with the new driver resulted in no errors, but that's not the same as a real world case. Still the debug_level is not there. Do I need another driver?

Cheers,

Dimitris Zilaskos
GridAUTH Operations Centre @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
Tel: +302310998988 Fax: +302310994309