Re: mptsas and mptbase sas problems on fujitsu-siemens rx200-s3 rack server

Quoting Martin Wilck <martin.wilck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Eero,

I already updated to lastest firmware that is available from FSC,
using serverview serverstart 7.804 version and latest mpt_sas driver
from LSI logic support web.

FSC only supports you the native SLES10 SP2 driver in this case. Are
you saying that updating to the latest driver from LSI has improved the
situation for you?

Yes, on native SLES 10 sp2 driver, the internal sas raid (mirror 1) is almost nonworking. Driver from LSI logic webpage works better, but it is far away from usable.

SAS array almost hangs the machine, if I try to copy 1.6GB file from network to internal sas raid. It works fine if I copy file to external Fibrechannel card
in the same machine.

The motherboard is already replaced once because the machine covered by warranty.

I am bit lost with this issue, because I am running supported driver on supported hardware, but still no work. I am thinking to install raid controller
on internal pci array and replace internal sas with that.

--
Eero