Re: mptsas and ioc0: ERRORs

Hello Lars,

On Thursday 03 April 2008 12:31:07 Lars Täuber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> OK, I understand. Being ignored means having asked at the wrong place.
> Can someone give me a hint where to ask instead?

no, I think you did ask at the right place, but nobody does know what is the
cause of the problem.
Well, from my point of view linux-scsi is by far to quiet in case of errors. I
have patches for 2.6.22 to improve this situation and the error handler in
general, but presently don't have the time to clean it up and to push it
upstream.

If you would be willing to use 2.6.22 + my scsi patches we would at least find
out which scsi commands fail.

Eric also did sent me a more recent version of the MPT driver, it also might
be worth to try this version. It fixed a really troublesome mpt-scsi bug for
us, but I don't know how well it works for SAS.

Cheers,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert